Friday, October 16, 2009

Ecopoetics (Tzarclastic Version)




I got a mosquito bite
on my nipple.

I discovered it
as a distant fog horn
was blowing.

As I squeezed, and
re-squeezed, my somehow
not-right-nipple,
the foghorn
blew, and blew.

I did not know
that you could hear
a fog horn from here
nor that my nipple
had a mosquito bite.

I guess, it was a fog horn,
a mosquito bite.

Intelligence
is kind of toxic,
I guess.

Well, like my old Daddy
used to say when I'd get
a mosquito bite:

Don't worry, they don't
eat much, like us that way,
in a cosmic sense.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I don't think it was a mosquito bite. I think a sudden drop in temperature gave rise to both fog (hence the foghorn) and a Montgomery node on the speaker's nipple. Or maybe the speaker was aroused--maybe she fetishizes foghorns. Same result.

    Or is Lizzy Mercier Descloux speaking here? Is the mosquito bite actually the tumor her lover gives her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of donkeys in gravy
    with scuba masks

    so they can find the
    carbonized gravy skeletons
    with ray bolger clones
    trapped in their cranial
    portugals

    also in the bible,
    the giant eats david
    and the rock really didnt hurt that bad.

    ReplyDelete

Irrony Observes The Earthing.