Friday, April 2, 2010

The Bondage Ballerinas and Adolf Valentino



Amber, Lanny, and Dana. 1987. I was 20. Performance Photo from Pudding Wrestling as performed in the CRCA gallery at University of Texas at Arlington. The curator at the time was Jeff Kelley who wrote an important monograph on Allan Kaprow that has a forward by David Antin. I spoke to Jeff a few years ago, and we both had a few chuckles. He was a little pretentious to me at the time, but I always enjoyed speaking with him. I remember him telling me his son liked my paintings at the time. His wife was a rather famous Chinese painter, but I completely forget her name. I can however remember the work of hers I saw. Dana had an incredibly beautiful laugh. Jeff Kelley was not at all happy with banana pudding and vanilla wafers all over his pretty gallery. haha!


2 comments:

  1. great picture! you are totally the grand vizier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was actually supposed to be a sleazy carnivalesque promoter!

    but thanks.
    good times.

    ReplyDelete

Irrony Observes The Earthing.