Thursday, April 15, 2010

Explicata.



So I'm laying in bed listening to the neurons fire, when it suddenly begins to re-investigate some things I had already written, well one thing at a time. Firstly, it remembered a thought I had after using the structural relationship between done / one in the previous poem. Now before I get too far into this, I need to show how I get from the lower-case d to 'ass-shaking'.. And in this case, 'ass-shaking' also stands in for both paideuma and nature, and this is a point I will get to later, namely "Nature as Abstraction".. In certain African tribal dance one sees wherever, on television I suppose, and really even more so in certain bird species' mating ritual, and specifically, in the languagings of bees. Now this is paideuma as economy, and nature as semiosis, but it's also a shell game, it's paideuma as nature, and economy as semiosis, and paideuma as semiosis, and nature as economy. There's more stuff you can do with lower-case d, but this is a hint. Now in this shell-game, there is a missing term which readers of this blog should be fairly well acquainted with, and that term is semiosis, er, I mean, syntaxis. And my usage is like one of those "philosopher's usages" and I'm a little proud if it. Syntaxis is an old Latin word which means (if I remember correctly, essay, more or less), but, and this is the rub, there is a linguistic tradition in the biological sciences of using the suffix ~taxis as part of a system of description of what impels movement in certain species, ie; thermotaxis, chemotaxis, phototaxis. Okay, does that mean I am trying to put man onto the level of the bacteria? Possibly. But no, not really. What I'm really trying to say with this is something closer to "Every animal is Rome." Syntaxis means "Signs move us." But let's get back to

done / one

Which breaks down to something like

When the ass-shakings done you are one again, ie through the conservation of matter, once the 'media-event' of consciousness and movement is over, once the "subject" is completed, more or less, material unity is regained. This being the simplest expression of "abstraction". One meaning of abstraction is something like 'draw out' just like a vampire, to use, to employ, etc.

So here then we can sort of give a provisional equation

d = syntaxis
one = material substrate

Now if we flip it. [Okay, flipping terms, this is more or less an oracular practice, of looking under every stone, etc..]

enod, slid the e down, node.

Node is like a purely trans-historical term for the subject, with its bio-implicatory nodule,
and then the more familiar at this point cybernetics associations.

So where am I going with all this. I am going to another grouping I used a while back, namely

shoe / shew (show)

Now this is an interesting one, as it is a fairly complex symbolism involving all the aforementioned idea structures

shoe = syntaxis, but also prosthesis
shew (show) = syntaxis, but as spectacle

So here we hit upon a pretty Marxian tangle upon which I am doing perhaps something new

The shoe becomes the stand-in for material production, but here is where Marx fails,

Nature itself is ironic. "Material Production" encompasses all possible ideological expression in this universe. In fact, it allows a near infinite spectrum of possible ideologies. This is something Marx never had the balls to say, but which Deleuze and Guattari hint at, namely

Molecularity.

How to get this across. How's this?

Language is already the parody AND analogy of chemistry. Look at the Qabbala, sort of the premier model of language as a combinatorics.

But the reality is we live in a nested combinatorics, and furthermore, It's the only nest combinatorics in the known universe, ie, Life already is "The Singularity" and already

"a weird complexity event".. etc..

And then there is the flipping thing:

Shoe can be flipped to get

Oz, or Ooze, or ~ose, and shew or show

gives us

Woes, or Wose (my word, equals "sad writing")..

Okay, now we can bring it down a notch.. We've all pulled on that joint before. I live there, but that isn't today. Today, we are going with Lanny

to Bridgeport Brewpub to have a blackened catfish sandwich and a Hop Czar beer on tap!

Hee. No. Really. So I was in Bridgeport brewpub the other day on Hawthorne having lunch. Now this is a pretty nice lunch for me. It's a splurge lunch. I usually am a ham sandwich at home guy, or maybe a bowl of pho, anyway.. I'm in there,

and there is a whole series of photographs? Serigraphs? Digital prints? I didn't look too close, but they set me thinking strongly (given the fact that I had had a pint of Hop Czar at noon, also not usual)

These images were sections of close-up nature treated as Abstraction, and they were, they were beautiful examples of abstract art taken from nature. This is a fairly common trope.

So there was a set of close-ups of like aspen or birch bark which became like structure glyphs or something, gorgeous. and then a whole set of like mineral deposits from hot-springs.

Okay, so this is when I started thinking, re-thinking really, about this thing called

"Abstract Realism" which in one vestiture I kind of associate with the so called "Language Poets"
and this is perhaps their better face. At any rate, a lot of folks could be mentioned.

The reason I mention them is because they sort of make plain how the "knoweldge" of

spectaxis (as sophism) can become both a political power and a force for certain democratizations.

You can't just hand any of these people "Spectaxis" as the culmination of Naideuma
and expect them to roll over so you can rub their tummy. The universe just isn't that yummy.
We're yummy. It eats us. And when you have your own private language do a puppet show of the inverse, it's only got so much wing-time before the paideuma sharp-shooters are gonna take that creature out. I'm out. I'm done. In paideuma-world, I'm one, dead, entered the material unity, etc.

Bee shaking ass alone.
Er, well, realatively.

So shoe, subtract an o is

she,
minus an s is

he, minus an h is

E

E
is what was written on the wall at Delphi.

Syntaxis, Semiosis, Spectacle, Nature, Paideuma, "My doom"

whatever you call it..

It isn't common. I mean there are commonalities between us,
but until something even weirder happens.

Earth is the weirdest thing in the universe, but

It's a very big universe,
and we see almost nothing of it,
and we see it with

a jellybrain
with electric snake fangs.

:)


GO ABSTRACT REALISM!

take some close ups, Jed! Go on!

Go ONE!

gone, baby gone..\

CRRRAAZZZY! DADDIO!

KOYAANISQUATSI!
ANTIQUARIANISM!
ORGANIZATIONAL!
MISQUOTATION!

x
pli

cata~






No comments:

Post a Comment

Irrony Observes The Earthing.