Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Dream

It had started out in 'our family home', a place in some kind of suburbia, when my 'mother' asked me to take my sister Felicia her doll for her therapy, I guess I was going out. As she placed it into my hands I began to hear something like Wagner's Tristan and Isolde. It was shiny and blue and roughly 1/4 the size of a normal naked woman. It had no legs beneath the knees, but when I emoted at all it would grow happy and emote too, and little syringe needles would come out of its knee bumps. So I'm like all, "okay^>!?, surrre.." and kind of hold it out at arm's length. As I
walk to my car still hearing the Wagner, but looking at its body more, it sort of starts to work a spell on me. Its face is lively and animated, though hard like a carapace, the body is oddly expressive and lovely, it is unabashedly mechanical, and its genitals are like a fan or ornamental jewelry reconfiguring itself to express more of this 'Wagneryness" or something. Then I just put it into the front seat and drive off to the clinic where Felicia is supposed to be. That's when I start hearing something like a John Henry style jug band music. When I get to the clinic, Felicia is waiting outside with a blue silk bag which she throws over the doll, saying, "You'll run down the batteries.." "Oh." Then we go inside and it is this sort of maze of tiered striped 70's pillow galleries or "conversation pits" with halls going off in different directions. At some point I become conscious of a woman or something coming toward me from down one of the corridors. She's in what I would call a large electric wheelchair of some design I can't quite describe. Her 'dress' goes over most of the chair too. And she has this funny voice. I am thinking that I have seen her before, maybe on television. And then she speaks directly to me. "So you think you've seen me, eeeh?" I look at her and realize her head is about 3 times the size of a regular human head and bald and wrinkly like pink elephant skin. Her face, is about half the size of a normal face. She starts talking, "I am leaving today everybody." A whole bunch of smiling clinical workers come out. Then she looks at me again and says something like, "So you've SEEN me BEFORE?" And I'm like "Uh, maybe, I don't know.." Then she starts pulling up her dress and just pulling it up and there are four or five big human worm things under there and they just start wriggling out, and they look like heads with flabbpy elephantine neck worm skin and they are coming out, and they have flat heavy silver disk things on them. Somehow these worm things transform into the body of this woman-thing who is really a little muscular man who fits himself into their odd magnetized configuration. Everybody claps. They clap and they calap. My sister Felicia is not clapping. In fact I think she is shooting herself up with the doll's nump. The creature looks at me, and maybe the music is like Gerard Grisey, like really creepy Modernist music, and she says, "Nowww, You Seeee Meeee" And I'll be damned if the thing doesn't look like Gertrude Stein, and I'll be damned, I'll be damned if it doesn't look like that. So then it seems as if I am supposed to freak out, like it is supposed to be this climax, but instead I just tell my sister. "I'm telling Mom!" And I walk out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irrony Observes The Earthing.