Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Response to A Response to STUBBLED FORGERY

Reading my poetry to my wife is sort like passing forensic evidence under a really advanced scanner whose readout is in a code I could never understand. After this one, she said something like, hmm, I don't know, I don't get anything, or something. So I said, "You got the fact, that this is like about "reading"?" And she said, "Maybe?" And then I said, "You got my connection between conditioned response, collective response, subjectivity, form, formlessness, and perceived beauty versus cultural beauty?" She said, "Maybe?" So then I said, "Did you see the painting I made inside it?" "What," she said. "There is a 'scene'.", said I. [puncta hekata plum] "What was that?" {php}. ::

The scene is more or less a kind of Craniveil, or Carnival image of Quasimodo
as a priest, organ player, barbecuer. He's sitting up at this altar, pipe-organ, barbecue,
cooking goats and playing maybe [let's hope] some "Gesualdo" or something with
an appropriately creepy, yet beautiful provenance like that. He has done this
genius bit of architectural revolution and somehow, crashed the giant bells of Notre
Dame down into the main body of the church, and has had them inverted, where
they are now being used as hot tubs by ordinary peasants, and they are all drinking
the wine and eating the rectory goats, and like making this really prescient philosophical
statement, about how matter is like both as ephemeral as sound, and kind of like
this weird furniture for mind. The whole thing is going on swimmingly, but eventually
the forces of the outside world are seeping in, but we want that seepage to be sort
of emblematic and Brueghelesque if possible.

So then she said like, "Oh weird! I like the hot tub thing. I guess I just didn't know what a
mehari was." Then I said, "Yeah, you kinda have to have read Brion Gysin's novels or Paul Bowles or some even more obscure literature about the Levantine camel culture. Then she said, "Camel Toe!" And then I laughed. "I purposely left that saying out!" Then she said, "Do you remember in Japan when we saw that poster for "Camel Jeans" and the image was actually a close up of a woman's CAMEL TOE?" "Holy Shit!" I said.

Holy Shit, Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irrony Observes The Earthing.