Wednesday, January 7, 2015

#‎JeSuisCharlie‬

I find it strange, though I have felt for a long time (since childhood in fact) that I do possess a sort of very slight crypto-oracular power, a kind of scrying.. The day before the attack on the Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris I felt the urge to write a poem with both the words "Charles" and "Sybeles" like Sibylline.. The poem, a trance-like and 'hermetical' incidental mapping of associationism also included the lines / a crow is a common omen / the tresses of Guy de Maupassant / The crow comes from Montcorbier which was supposedly Villon's real name.. Corbier isnt exactly crow in French but pretty close.. Corb is crow in Catalan. the crow is usually associated with an ill-omen.. but a mountain of crows seems to be something more poetic.. The Tresses of Maupassant refers to a story of his which is sort of a cautionary tale in terms of "memic possession".. It basically tells the tale of a man possessed of a rabid love for a lock of hair which Maupassant turns into an obsessive love for the dead, something very akin to orthodox textuality.. I am always interested to find historical parallels in things I write briskly from clues which flow freely from an otherness I allow to proximate with my interior.. ‪#‎JeSuisCharlie‬

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irrony Observes The Earthing.