Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On a lighter note:

Mostly just hanging out at the new pad. I had thought I might have had a gig in Austin, but no word. Right now, I'm sitting here checkling over a section of Maria Makela's essay _Grotesque Bodies_ where she has mentioned the great 19th and early 20th century Weimar plastic surgeon, or rather 'cosmetic surgeon' Jacques Joseph
whose nickname became Nosef-Josef. It's a lovely little notation she gives "Nasen-Josef = Nosef" that is "Nosef Josef". Giving Rhinoplasties to the jews of central europe became his stock and trade, his 1904 procedure became standard. Nosef Josef maintained that psychic pain was just as real as physical pain, and therefore
his operation was not a luxury but a necessity.

I'd say that by my reckoning the entire oeuvre of my writing is needing a little something,
I think I need a wrynohtexty. 


Well, I nose what I nose.