Monday, April 4, 2011

Dallas Contemporary / Le Pavillon / Palais de Tokyo



This Friday, I'll be sort of a living prop in an installation of a living room with television created by one of the Parisian female members (this is what I've been told by Contemporary staff) of the delegation from the Palais de Tokyo's residency programme called Le Pavillon at the Dallas Contemporary, a local non-profit non-collecting art museum. I don't know the artist's name, but it's one of these folks:


LE PAVILLION NEUFLIZE OBCThe Lost Art of Travelers
8 April - 21 August 2011

opening reception - Friday 8 April 20.00 - 24.00 (8.00 - Midnight)
A dynamic group exhibition by the current participants from Le Pavillion - a post-graduate arts residency program at the Palais de Tokyo in Paris, France, which includes 11 artists and 1 curator from all over the world. This exhibition at the Dallas Contemporary begins an annual series of collaborations with international residency programs to create the opportunity for their first real world exhibition experience, along with creating focused art works or a curatorial theme about Dallas or Texas.

I'll be watching Le Samouraï (English title The Samurai) is a 1967 French minimalist crime drama/thriller film directed by French filmmaker Jean-Pierre Melville, starring Alain Delon which I chose myself. Oddly enough, it was just one of the movies I happened to have from my regular netflix queue, the correspondence with France and Japan pure chance operation as it were.