Thursday, April 7, 2011

Semiosmic Coffee Talk

So this morning I was still pondering the wonderful image my old college buddy Patrick sent me, and the image was just sort of floating in the foreground of my mind as I puttered. I need glasses now to write, or I can't see too well. I had written the phrase 'Empire Chenmicals', but had only meant to write Empire Chemicals, a direct reference to Ian Fleming's James Bond. I started fidgeting with Chen, and Chen, Ch'an, Zen, Shen, Shem, these are all things I love to play with, so I am just looking to see what pops up and Chen as a Chinese surname pops up. look here. When I was playing around with the Gaelic words for the Picture of Pat, I found an entry for 'man'
looks like this:
man =  téigh i bhfeighil + gen

just wanting not to surf to deeply I just lapped up 'gen' unthinkingly

if you translate this phrase literally it seems to mean 'go on charging rustically'
or perhaps it is a notation of the genitive?

but look at Patrick as if he were an ideogram, the ideogram called ch'en.


Look at the resonance of the lower character, the L shaped foot stepping out, the staff where
the two horizontals reach the image plane while the loop is lost.

Chen is said Jen in Korean, and it is also a word in Hebrew according to wp:

Chen is a Chinese surname and Hebrew word ("חֵן") meaning "loveliness", or "grace", which is also a common given name and surname .

now look at how the Hebrew character echoes the chinese ideogram. it is very rudimentary, but it definitely is there. There is a Chinese dictionary I have where a form Ch'en means to draw, extend, and the staff element
is connected to the lower region.









חן


I have always been cognizant of how close the word jew is to jaw, and how chinese, is like chin-ese
and had viewed this mostly as a form of a jokey version of the motivated sign theory or iconism, but
here is another connection between them. And this is meant to stay ludic. I also see this chen figure as a perfect match for my special regime of "ET phone home" aka 'the illuminated index finger'


The Hebrew Chen or (lovely grace) seems like a head with a telephone up to the ear
or


pi with an inscription implement.


At any rate, that's today's semiosmic coffee talk.


I would also like to return to the connection with Irre


Eire is the name for Ireland or 


Irreland


It may all be iconism, but I like the paranoid fringes of it.
A sort of Erich Anton Paul von Däniken approach.





Is it all coinkidinky, or is there a subterranean realm? A subspatial realm of some kind.

The Tuat? The Tuatha?

What is the likelihood of fur?

Rustic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurgan_hypothesis


One last fascinating connection with ancient Israel is suggested by Sir John, who says, 'the (Celtic) Kymry were for some time indifferently called Cambria or Cumbria, the Welsh word on which they are based being, as now written, Cymru ... and is there pronounced nearly as an Englishman would treat it if spelled Kumry or KUMRI.' (p. 142) As students of Old Testament history well know, 'Kumri' or'Khumri' was the name of the Israelites in Assyrian texts. (see, 'The March of Archaeology, by C.W Ceram, p. 216) The virtual identity in spelling and sound between the Israelite 'Khumri', and the Celtic 'Kymry', is too much of a coincidence to not have a relationship. Taken with the rnany other evidences, religious and cultural, the connection between the ancient Hebrews and Celts is too strong to be ignored.
In fact, it is no longer a question of, 'Did Hebrews settle in Europe in ancient times?' but only a question of, 'How many of the people of Europe are of Hebrew descent?' When considering the great numbers of early Israelites (see our tract, The Real Diaspora), and the Biblical promise of multitudinous seed (Gen. 26:4, 32:12; Ex. 32:13; Jer. 33:22, etc.), it is evident that the Hebrew-Celtic connection is very significant.