Monday, August 12, 2013

New York School Ode to Deganawida


Are you really going to go out like that?


SPFJPHFFPQIEWHFQ
GAWANALFENBRAZUX
JUFFGULLNARRENFULMENFULGUR


Odontic apricot
the crystal jellyfish I feel for certain
rules my intellect
in favor
gasping in splendour


LOOK AT ME NOW BETTY!
I'M CRAZY!
WILD RABBITS STORM THE CITADEL OF CARROTS!
I AM KINK HOLE!
IN A CASTLE OF BURNING COAL BRICK!

no, grandpa.


They must realize why they're here.
So imagine the loose draping masks of luminous blossoms
and berries illuminating the way
in the dark forests.


In the final dream, the psychic surgeon, or programmer, used a snake
to implant a joyful gem at the tip of stern meme.
I willfully stand as a blossom of the valley.
My mind as empty as a poem
with its voting rights removed.


the weaver is cross,
and the mirror lithe,
and the eye,
colder 
in the harness.


I think it was Kenneth Koch who first mentioned the sovereign charm of the hyena orchid.


Frank O'Hara could name every gland in the body, now why can't you two?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Irrony Observes The Earthing.